Total Pageviews

Friday, October 16, 2015

The Weaver: free puzzle app game for iphone, ipad

iPhone Screenshot 1  iPhone Screenshot 2
I positively love the games from Pyrosphere. Just the other day, Federico Prat Villar noticed that I  didn't mention The Weaver when I recently talked about Ribbon Puzzles. I had never heard of it.
iPhone Screenshot 4
Last night, I downloaded it & solved all 150 levels in about one hour. It's not hard. But the graphics & interplay are splendid.
The objective is to get all the ribbons to pass through a matching colored square in the bottom right or lower left side. Tap on the intersection of 2 ribbons and they will swap directions. That's where the graphics are magically wonderful.
Where things get more interesting: instead of having an orange square as the goal, that square might be a blue rectangle with a yellow rectangle. That means that either colored ribbon can pass through that space. That's where it gets a bit tricky.
My one qualm is my score for each level. On some levels, where I struggled and took a lot of time, I got 3 stars. On other levels which I solved effortlessly, I got only 1 star. As I've said in the past, I'm not a purist that needs to solve each level with the minimum # of moves.
http://pyrosphere.net/weaver/
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id915862412




Other Ribbon Puzzles:
Colorbind - outstanding
TAPES - almost as good as Colorbind
Woven - easy, but fun
Ribbon Puzzle - different from Colorbind and TAPES. Worth trying.


Pyrosphere's other puzzles:
Lasors
Chess Light

1 comment:

  1. Nice game... As you say, there where there are multiple options for colours makes life a bit more interesting....!

    As regards number of stars, there was a hint fairly early on in the game which said that fewer folds give more stars... I re-did one of mine with 1 star with fewer folds and got 3...

    Thanks for the tip! :-)

    Robert.

    ReplyDelete