Total Pageviews

Friday, April 14, 2017

Compel by Simon Eastwood Free

iPhone Screenshot 1  iPhone Screenshot 2
Simon Eastwood recently contacted me about his puzzle app game Compel. There are 3 games in one but they're very similar.

iPhone Screenshot 3  iPhone Screenshot 4

Let's start with the Classic version. Your task is to place a marker on every single cell, without dying. Look at the third image. The 4 in the top row is being tapped.  That means that the next move must take place on the bottom row.

You die by getting exactly 3 tapped tiles in a row.

I solved the 4x4 and 5x5 grids quickly. Though I did die a few times.  The 6x6 was hard! I needed about 10 attempts to solve it.  According to Simon, each time you load the game, a new level is generated.  According to him, there is not just one correct sequence.

Some puzzlers might classify this as a maze, where you must determine the starting and end points.

The second game is Checkers. The first piece you place will be white, then black, then white.... You will die if there are 3 whites or 3 blacks in a row. I solved the 4x4 & 5x5 levels.  6x6 is tough!

Compel is they type of puzzle app game that you must play carefully!  Moving too quickly will lead to trouble. I say this from much experience.

In the two versions I played, I came up with a specific strategy. But I'm wondering: would another strategy also work?  Simon: good job! I like the graphics too.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/compel/id1212468565?mt=8
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.compel.compel&hl=en_GB

No comments:

Post a Comment